Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deck the halls (aka apartment)

It seems in the movies people are always complaining about the holidays. I don't really understand this. I love the holidays. I am so blessed to have wonderful family and friends and I genuinely look forward to spending time with them at the random get-togethers and holiday celebrations through out November and December.
This year I went and got a tree all by myself! As I was decorating, I ate a few candy canes, lit a few candles and sung all the parts of Christmas carols that I could remember acapella. I'm guessing my neighbor upstairs was probably pretty curious about the commotion, I don't sing quietly, haha!
Here are some pics:

















More pics soon!

6 comments:

  1. i love that you are not a quiet singer. i wish we could acapella sing christmas carols not quietly together. that would be uber funsies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate i love this! your artsy photo of the string of lights might be my favorite :) missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice tree! And those heart tray things are super cute, are they from ikea?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes they are, almost my whole apt is now either ikea, target, kosta glass, church rummage sale or left from old roommates. haha : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm posting this super late but I can't help it. This post brings back delightful memories of that little video I took of you on my phone around Christmastime at Carlisle. Remember it? You were sitting in the living room by yourself, decorating our house for Christmas, and singing some Christmas carol at the top of your lungs. I thought it was so adorable. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete