Monday, March 8, 2010

Seriously?


These are the kinds of calls I get on a daily basis:

Me: Member Services, this is Kate, how can I help you?

Lady: Hi, I went to a meeting and my husband and I went to the same meeting and I went to the meeting and I need my certificate because I went to the meeting and I need to know how many credits I earned from the meeting because I went with my husband in 2005 and he went to the meeting too.

Me: Ok, do you need a copy of your certificate showing how many credits you earned at the meeting?

Lady: Well, I went to the meeting with my husband and I need to do my certification so I need to know how many credits I got from the meeting.

Me: Alright, we can send you a copy of your certificate from the meeting showing how many credits you earned, but it costs $15 for the reprint

Lady: Well I went to the meeting and I earned the credits and I need to know how many credits I got at the meeting and so does my husband. I am trying to do my certification so I need to know my credits, can I look it up online?

Me: Unfortunately we don't have a section on our website that shows how many credits you earned. I can look you up in the database and confirm whether or not you attended the meeting, or I can take your credit card information to have a certificate resent to you.

Lady: Well, no, I went to the meeting and I need to know how many credits I have from the meeting that I went to with my husband so I can, um, so I can, um, so I can do my certification.

Me: I understand what you are looking for, at this point your options are that I could confirm you attended over the phone for free or you can pay $15 to receive your credit information

Lady: No, no its free, I already paid for it.

Me: I'm sorry paid for what?

Lady : The certificate, the meeting.... I went to the meeting and I did the stuff so I could get the credits in 2005

Me: Yes ma'am, I understand you attended the meeting. Would you like to purchase a copy of your certificate that shows how many credits you earned?

Lady: No, I already have enough credits anyways, I was just wondering how many I had.

*click*

Me: (under my breath) Thanks for calling have a nice day.

(completely futile, since she has already hung up on me)

Now, hang up and repeat approx 40 times a day. On a good day.
I would just like to comment that I am not a jerk. I know she didn't want to pay for her credits. But, I have no authority to send them to her for free. There is nothing else I could have done for her and in all fairness, if you lost a certificate from 2005 whos fault is that? not mine.

Grumpy here. Justified? Maybe.
Wish I was doing something much more fun? Yes.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! wish i had more to say to that - just know that I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!

    ReplyDelete