Wednesday, September 8, 2010

There's something fishy going on...

I was running a little late for lunch today. Trying to get some things tied up before I took my break.

I ended up running (walking slowly) over to Wendy's next door. On the way I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine, fresh air, and brisk temperature. I walked along thinking how nice it was outside.

When I arrived at Wendy's, two polite gentleman held the door for me as I walked in (thank you very much) and there was no line so I was able to order right away. Lunch began so well!

With a little bounce in my step I walked back to the office. Went in the front door, said hello to the receptionist (who was opening a package of some beautiful flowers), and turned down the hall towards the kitchen where my lunch buddies awaited my return.

The moment I stepped in the kitchen, everything changed.

My nose was abruptly and violently OFFENDED! Apparently, just moments before I had arrived back to the office, SOMEONE had decided to warm up the STINKiest fish I have ever had the dis-pleasure of smelling. Oh good grief, the smell was so strong, so pungent and over bearing that I considered finding said offender and sneezing in their food so they could be as upset as me. How could you RUIN my lunch like that? You know its bad when you breathe a smell and you can taste it. Now im destined to spend the rest of the day with this nasty fish odor in a cloud around me because my sweater thought it would be funny to grab the smell and take it with us as we left the kitchen.

Dear Co-Worker,

Shame on you. Eat your fish at home.

Thank you.
Me

2 comments:

  1. as a fellow witness to this travesty, i would like to fully say, "PREACH!!!!" to this post.

    regards,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. woof!!! totally not appropriate work-lunch-room etiquette :(

    ReplyDelete