Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ch-Ch-Cha-Changes

So little to tell, so much time to tell it. Strike that, reverse it

Here are a few of the German Fest photos I promised. I realized as I got into the project that I didn't have photos from every year like I thought. Bummer! But, still fun.

Cousin Britt
'08 '09'10


Cousin Matt
'05'08 '09'10


Boy-ance Kevin
'05'08'10


Brother : )
'09'10


Bri
'05 '08'09


J-Mo!
'05'09


Jim
'08 '09'10



Moving right along, I'm beginning to think that this time of year is my turning point. Last year as NP homecoming festivities began, I was meeting with my personal trainer for the first time. I was so sore after the work out that as we went around visiting other cousin's and family members homes, I had to take extra time to walk up and down the stairs. Each person's home we visited lived on the 2nd floor or above. Gotta love Chicago! As I look back on that weekend and see how far I've come it still doesn't phase me. I can see the physical difference in myself when I look in the mirror, but I'm starting to feel like the few years in between (when I looked how I should and when I weighed too much) just didn't happen. I'd kind of like to take those years, wipe them clean and re-do them. But, once again, I wouldn't be the person I am now with out them.
So its a year later and you're wondering, what do you mean turning point, whats going on this year? (ok maybe you didn't think that, but I'm leading you there...) It's back to homecoming weekend. I'm 54 lbs lighter than last year and have officially lost 20 inches over all. This alone should give me a new lease on life but that's not all. I lost my job yesterday. I'm choosing to see this as an opportunity rather than a hurdle. I'm looking forward to finding a job that doesn't make me sick to my stomach when I think about going in on Monday morning. Oh the opportunities that await!
So for now, I'm looking back and looking forward. Gaining strength from where I've been and facing the future with trepidation and anticipation. Most important though, I'm looking up. Lord lead me!

2 comments:

  1. wow, kate! i'm glad i get to see you today (hopefully?) so sorry to hear about your job, but i'm so glad you're using this as another step in moving on and up to more satisfying and glorifying things.

    i love you, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, that photo montage is kind of awesome.

    ReplyDelete