Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Overhaul

Starbucks, triple grande carmel latte non-fat with whip cream and drizzle 9-10 (signature drink)

Many people use the new year as a jumping point. A time of transition and goal setting. As usual I couldn't wait for the new year, I went right ahead and started with goals and transitions back in October. I'm not always a patient person when I get really excited about things.
Anyways, back in October, I went and hired a personal trainer from Evolution Training Fitness. I have been working with him ever since and so far have lost 17lbs! It's big news for me for many reasons. I didn't realize how much weight I had put on in the last few years and loosing the extra lbs has been pretty eye opening! Check out these before and after pics. BTW, I am soooo not done yet but I wanted to share this because i'm finding that the more encouragement I get, the better I do!

Left to right, Me, Blondie ,Curls (this is last winter I believe)


This was in April on a trip to Seattle (another "before" picture)


Here is a picture from this December at an ugly sweater party!
I don't have a picture of me that is very recent, but I will post one soon. This picture was after 3 months of working out and eating right. It's not always easy to stay on track but when I eat something bad, I don't dwell on it, I just remember to make better decisions for the next meal.

Other transitions from the last year include glasses and hair color, woah! I had always wanted glasses as a kid and never needed them. When I got back from my trip to Africa in July, I went to the eye doctor and found out I needed glasses. At 26 my wish finally came true, haha! (Sidenote: I now wish I didn't need them and am wondering about contacts, oy)
Hair has always been a thing with me. I like to change it often and I like to make drastic changes. Long to short, blonde to black (which was an accident as I meant to do very dark brown). I think that changing my hair just adds a little excitement and adventure to my life when I'm feeling bored.
I always wondered if I would look more like my mom if I dyed my hair to match hers. What do you think?

haha, we're silly
Later!~

2 comments:

  1. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! seriously. i hadn't seen you at work in like a week and when you came back i was like, 'woah!' ya just look GREAT :)

    p.s. you and your mom are two peas in a pod, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate, that's SO awesome, way to go!!!!
    you're looking great - glasses, new hair, weight loss and all! - such a hottie ;P
    <3

    ReplyDelete