Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ring, Ding, Dong....

Starbucks, tall, black 8 of 10

Ring-a-ring, ding, ding, dong
So much of my life lately revolves around ringing.
Ears ringing
I've been sick for a few days now and its about the point where I start getting stir crazy. I cant sit on the couch anymore. I can not watch another episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. There is a huge part of me that wants to get up and run around and work out and go to work (eep! yes, I actually want to go to work!!!). I know I need to be patient and if I rush the recovery, it will be a longer one than if I am patient and take good care of myself. I know there are others that are hurting more, much more than I am right now, and I am praying for them and thinking of them when I get frustrated with my own current limitations.
Phone ringing
I've been staying at my parents house these last few days. I have to say, this place is like a hotline! Between the cell phones and the house phone, it seems like they're on the phone more than off. They're both so cordial and patient and many times they really do want to be talking to the person who calls. Its just odd to be here and see how many calls a night they take because foolishly, I forget how busy both of them are. I love my parents so much and I look up to them on a daily basis.
Another phone ringing that I am not missing right now is my phone at work. In the last 2 weeks we had training at my office and only half our team was on the phones. In one day I had 141 calls through my phone. Tell me that's not exhausting both mentally and physically. Its nice to have some time away, but knowing that the craziness is over now, I am itching to be answering the phone or emails or something.... "Member Services, this is Kate, how may I help you?"....
Doorbell ringing
Talk about embarrassing... I had to answer the door yesterday. I really thank the UPS man who was subject to my germs. He was so kind and cordial. When the doorbell rang yesterday afternoon, I really contemplated not answering it. I was looking and feeling nasty. Details aside, I wouldn't have wanted to see anyone, much less a stranger who has no idea that this is not always how I look, ha ha. I made my way to the door and squeaked out a "hi". He asked me to sign for a package and I asked him if he could hold the device for me that you need to sign. I explained I didn't want to get germs all over it and he said "aww, no worries, if you saw the back of the truck, you'd know why I don't care about germs one bit!" As I attempted to laugh without coughing, and managed a "thank you" in a voice I didn't recognize, I began to wonder. I know, I know it is highly unlikely but is it too much to hope that the delivery guy meant that the back of the truck is repeatedly sprayed with Lysol every 30 seconds? Therefore, he would have no reason to be worried about germs?
Its good that I was sick, and home at my parents place because it turned out to be an important package. That needed to be signed for.

I'm out for now. Much love to all my friends and family!


No comments:

Post a Comment